Our privacy and data protection policy
Here at Sparkling Lengua, your privacy matters to us a great deal, so we are making every effort to protect it. We collect and process your personal data in accordance with the applicable legal provisions, specifically the Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data (Privacy Law) and the EU regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of this data (GDPR).
2. Who processes your personal data?
Your personal data is only used by Sparkling Lengua, located at Chaussée d’Alsemberg, 221, A601, 1190 Bruxelles.
We do not share your personal data with any third parties. You can read more about how we process your data below.
All employees at Sparkling Lengua have signed a confidentiality agreement to confirm that they will not disclose this data. The same agreement is also signed by all freelance translators (both EU and non-EU) working for Sparkling Lengua and its clients. This agreement complies with the legal provisions of GDPR.
3. What personal data do we collect? (Privacy by default, pursuant to GDPR)
We collect data on our partners in order to ensure that our services are carried out properly. This data is only used to allow us to provide the services we do, and to improve on these services.
- Data collected on our clients: first name, surname, e-mail address, work telephone number, role within the company, link to their LinkedIn profile (if available).
- Data collected on our translators: first name, surname, e-mail address, work telephone number, link to their LinkedIn or ProZ profile, language combination.
- Other data collected: information you have sent us, which is required for quotes and invoicing (bank account number, billing address, company number).
- The contact details you send us in a request form.
- If you have visited the Sparkling Lengua website, certain data will have been collected by cookies that are automatically placed on your computer when you visit. This information includes: IP address, where visitors have come to the website from, day and time of visit, and pages visited.
- We also collect business cards that you have provided at exhibitions and trade fairs.
4. What is your personal data used for?
We need to process your personal data to ensure that our website works well and in order to provide our services. Sparkling Lengua processes your data for the following purposes:
- To manage our projects and deliver translations.
- To manage contractual relationships.
- To provide a quote, for invoicing purposes and to manage our accounts.
- To offer visitors to the website a general service, as well as a more personalised service that includes sending newsletters, letters of support and monitoring any complaints.
- To detect fraud, errors, and any criminal behaviour.
- To send you promotional offers, if you have consented to this. If you have, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- To get statistics on the number of visitors to our website.
Your personal data is used exclusively for internal purposes. Therefore, they will not be sold, given, shared or passed on to any third parties. However, they may be sent to translators who will be asked to work on your translation order. This will only ever be done if we have prior consent from you.
Please be assured that Sparkling Lengua has taken all the technical and organisational measures at its disposal to prevent any breaches of data. If, despite all of our efforts, a data breach were to occur, we would inform you of this as soon as possible, in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR.
5. What are my rights?
A guarantee to fair processing based on legitimate interest
Your personal data will always be processed in accordance with the legitimate purposes detailed above. It is collected and processed in an appropriate, relevant and limited manner, based on legitimate interest between Sparkling Lengua and its partners.
Your data will be stored for the time required to properly perform the translation tasks entrusted to us. Personal data used for direct marketing purposes will be stored for a maximum duration of three years.
In accordance with the accountability principle, all technical and security measures have been taken to minimise the risks of unlawful or unauthorised access or processing of your personal data. In the event of any unauthorised access to its information systems, Sparkling Lengua will immediately take all the necessary measures in order to minimise damage.
The right to access your data
You have the right to obtain information on the processing of your personal data. You have the right to know the purposes of this processing, categories of the personal data, the criteria used to determine the period for which the data will be stored, and the rights you can exercise regarding your personal data.
The right to rectify or change your data
Your personal data can be corrected or changed. All you have to do is inform us by sending an email to email@example.com.
The right to erasure or the ‘right to be forgotten’
You have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data, at any time, without needing to provide any grounds for this, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then do what is needed to delete your personal data immediately.
The right to data portability
You have the right to obtain the details of your personal data held by us, in a commonly used and readable electronic format. You can make this request by writing to email@example.com.
The right to restriction of processing
In certain situations, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted, particularly if the accuracy of the personal data is being contested, if your data is processed in a way that is unlawful, if the data is required for judicial proceedings, or if the data is required by Sparkling Lengua for the time needed to verify that you can lawfully exercise your right to erasure.
How can I exercise my rights?
To exercise your rights, you can send a request by post to: SPARKLING LENGUA, Chaussée d’Alsemberg, 221, A601, 1190 Bruxelles, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Filing a complaint
If you are not satisfied with the way your personal data is being processed by Sparkling Lengua, you have the right to file a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy, which will become the Data Protection Authority from 25 May 2018 onwards (https://www.privacycommission.be/).